Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bad Mothering Lawsuit

I came across this article today about a woman being sued by her two children for "bad mothering".
I am now wondering if I am opening myself up to liability by my title of "Bad Momma"?
Fortunately the suit was dismissed.

The children now 20 & 23 years old complained about bad birthday cards, lack of care packages, being threatened with calling the police for not wearing a seat belt and calling her daughter at midnight to have her come home from homecoming.

I think my kids could come up with much better stuff against me....

Amateurs!

3 comments:

Tara R. said...

I saw this on the news too and was stunned. Stunned that their lawyer father didn't stop them from making fools of themselves. Bad mom? Can she sue them for being ungrateful brats?

SurprisedMom said...

I can laugh, but it also makes me wonder about the next generation of children. I don't care if they are in their 20s, that lawsuit smacks of childishness. I hope they had to pay the lawyer from their own pocket. My message to them is "Grow Up!"

My kids could probably come up with better stuff, too.

terri said...

Is that for real? It's ludicrous! Just goes to show the sense of entitlement so many kids have these days. Sounds like they had a GOOD mom. I just hope they can finally grow up enough to actually realize it.